Guiding And Tackle Sales

You will find attached to the blog contact deatil for my new guiding and tackle business. The tackle will be supplied by the biggest names in lure fishing including, ultimate fishing, sakura, lucky craft, IMA and Slug Go.

The guiding service is based on twenty years experience fishing this coast line and I think that the pictures speak for themselves. This service is suited to both the very experienced and the novice. For those just starting out there will lots of tips on lures etc and water craft info and always the chance of a clonker!!! That's why they call it fishing.

My aim is for you to have a really memorable days fishing, on what I consider to be some of the most beautiful and productive grounds our little country has to offer..

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Smashed Car




Went out this morning to a spot where some nets have been showing up lately, in fact some one was caught there two nights ago. Parked up the van and headed off fishing. What you see is what I returned to, someone had taken a hammer to my car. At the end of the day that is the kind of mentality you are up against. If these illegal netters think this will deter me they have me very wrong, very wrong indeed. In fact we will all now make a point of showing up on this mark and double our efforts to find nets. I love these fish and they are worth protecting, they are certainly worth more than a car light and mirror to me. They are my way of life, what I do, what I am about, so go ahead smash all the cars you like but you will still have to put up with me showing up, catching and releasing fish and watching your nets. Fair play to our local bailiff for a top job catching these guys the other night and whatever the car costs me, their day in court will definitely be a bit more costly! I Had one nice fish this morning, got up a bit late and missed the best of it, but hey there is always tomorrow.

16 comments:

Spitfire66 said...

Pat if that was there were were when I was over - we all know who did it !

That sucks

Will give you a bell....

cheers

Tom

Kevin H said...

Pick on a poor defence-less car... bet they wouldnt have tried it if you were nearby... cowards!!!

Anonymous said...

they have it comming trev big steve and co are informed

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good efforts Pat. You are earning a living yourself and contributing to the economy. The amount of value-added you are generating is immense when you consider the amount of revenue you are generating for the local economy by way of spin off spend and the fact that most fish are returned to be caught another day, thereby generating more income again. Not only is what these guys are doing illegal, but the amount of income they generate is paltry in comparison. The economy is at a loss through these guys activities, but of course they can't see that. In most cases they are narrow minded dick heads. Smashing a car just shows their mentality. Hopefully, the growing popularity of bass fishing will eventually bring about their demise.

Pat
www.flickr.com/photos/cobhsac

Anonymous said...

Pat take care matey !!!! attacking the car with a hammer is one thing mind its not you they take it out on next ?

Anonymous said...

Hard luck Pat

Fair play to you for taking a stance!

All the best Mag Poppper

patrick said...

Thanks lads, to be honest the way I see this is simple, the fish are what I am all about! I go to great lenghts to ensure that our foot print on the fisherie is kept to a minimum, so why would I stand by and allow others destroy it through greed. I believe in abiding by the law, in all aspects of this and therefore will keep both the ballif and Garda(police) informed of what is happening on our coastline. It's a no brainer for me.

Thanks for your support.

Patrick

Tim Griffin said...

Pat, just play it by the book with the bailiffs and the Garda and keep getting as much awareness raised as you can, and hopefully you can get these cowards the justice they deserve. Keep up the good work and letting us know about the beautiful fish you are catching and releasing, and more of us will come visit to share the fun. Had a few ourselves at the weekend but I still wish we had the fishing you have.

Marc Downey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc Downey said...

Hope you get this sorted Pat, just make you dont fish on your own, as cowards like that will make the most of you having no witnesses, Take care,, Marc.. (Mad One)

Anonymous said...

Hi
Fairly new to this site and have never posted before that is until I read your post...It sickened me to the core.
From what I can gather you are a credit to fishing on a whole and for everyone's benefit.
It sickens me too to see this behaviour and have witnessed some of it myself quite recently. As i fish quite a lot in Wexford could you let me know (and indeed others) what I can do if I witness this again?

More power to you Pat and keep up the good work but as a previous poster said be sure its not you that kissed the hammer next time...maybe have a buddy with you for a while. Its a disgrace that I should even have to make such a suggestion.

C

Anonymous said...

That,s not on Pat. Hope they get there comeuppance. Tom

mrfishjersey said...

Pat mate are you sure Spitfire isnt back over there and borrowed your car!!

Seriously though bud you take care and rise above the scum that think it'll stop you doing whats best for the fish and the Irish economy. Losers like this always have their cumupunce one day.

Keep up the stirling work you and the boys do and take care bud.

Harold said...

Hi Pat,

Don,t let this sick losers get you down mate.
Like you said: "They are my way of life"

Don,t let anyone take that drive away form you.....never !
You are the one that deserves respect, shame on them.


Regards Harold

patrick said...

lads thanks again, I think they might think all anglers are a bit soft to be honest.. But I been roiund the block I dont scare to easy! But caution is the name of the game and like you say mick just rise above it! I do encouage you guys from Ireland to scource a decent local ballif, and once again a big shout out to our ballif who is top class.

spud said...

scum bags mate i must introduce you to my local ballif a beratta semi auto wink wink