Guiding And Tackle Sales

You will find attached to the blog contact deatil for my new guiding and tackle business. The tackle will be supplied by the biggest names in lure fishing including, ultimate fishing, sakura, lucky craft, IMA and Slug Go.

The guiding service is based on twenty years experience fishing this coast line and I think that the pictures speak for themselves. This service is suited to both the very experienced and the novice. For those just starting out there will lots of tips on lures etc and water craft info and always the chance of a clonker!!! That's why they call it fishing.

My aim is for you to have a really memorable days fishing, on what I consider to be some of the most beautiful and productive grounds our little country has to offer..

Saturday, June 27, 2009

East Wind


On a lot of the ground I fish in south wexford the east wing makes things very difficult. it holds back large rafts of weed and cabbage weed in the water which means that your plugs get clogged all the time. Not sure what anyone else thinks but i find that even the smallest piece of weed stuck to your plug and the fish will not hit it.So fishing has been hard oer a couple of days, but last night the wind died and it was muggy warm, it just felt a bit more fishy. I had a couple of follows and flashes behind the lure so I knew the fish where there but could not connect due to clogged up plugs. Digging deep in the tackle bag I found the new press bait from duo. this is like a vertical jig with an assit hook at the back. this can be fished sink and draw and collect very little weed. Fished this for about ten minutes and then bang a nice fish hit it like a steam train. What an awesome lure while my buddies struggled to clean there p[lugs I fished away with the press bait and nailed a couple of fish. Then on the dusk the tide had run off the weed pushing it out to sea and up went the surface lures, the patchinko. This is s msut have surface lure for me, fish hit so aggressively it must just piss them off I think. All in all no monster fish but a really enjoyable evening.

No comments: