Guiding And Tackle Sales

You will find attached to the blog contact deatil for my new guiding and tackle business. The tackle will be supplied by the biggest names in lure fishing including, ultimate fishing, sakura, lucky craft, IMA and Slug Go.

The guiding service is based on twenty years experience fishing this coast line and I think that the pictures speak for themselves. This service is suited to both the very experienced and the novice. For those just starting out there will lots of tips on lures etc and water craft info and always the chance of a clonker!!! That's why they call it fishing.

My aim is for you to have a really memorable days fishing, on what I consider to be some of the most beautiful and productive grounds our little country has to offer..

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Are You A Trout Head!


Sea Trout probably the most elusive sport fish in Irish waters, for years only targeted in rivers during summer months, are in fact very catchable in the sea! If you are a trout head have a look at the plug above, it is the tide minnow 75cd from Duo. What a cracker this plug will seriously smash trout, remember all those really frustrating follows on spinners well get ready to start hooking up cause these things and a good few more lures from Ultimate fishing seriously do the business on sea trout.

I want to say a big thanks to any of the Irish lads who got in touch to wish me luck and give me their business, seriously I really appreciate it and hope that i can do justice to Irish Lure fishing because I believe we have the best fishing for sea bass in Europe by a long way. So lets look after it and enjoy it. There is surely no better way to catch these majestic fish than on light tackle with lures and plastics. I know I am well and truly hooked so I hope you all have a great season ahead and drop me a line to let us know how you are getting on, what lures you like, whats hot and whats not. As my mate Henry once wrote "The economy may be rubbish but the fishing is going to be fantastic."
And if anyone has an in with the big man, can you have a word with him about the weather! All we asks is southerlys and a nice bit of fizz!

Tight Lines.

8 comments:

Henry Gilbey said...

Any more of these nice looking lures and I am going to have to remove your blog from my links section - I cant' take it any more !!! Far too many good looking lures, not enough time to spend all of it in Ireland and smash good bass until I can't take any more.........best of luck with it.

patrick said...

cheers man! Great to talk to ye today, hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Why do all the lures have to have trebles, usually barbed, as this makes it very difficult to release Bass without damage. Surely given the state of fish stocks we need take as much care as possible of the ones we have left. Is it so hard to use singles on lures?

Neil

patrick said...

Neil the lures you see on my blog are straight out of the packet that is why the barbs have not been crushed down. Single hooks are mostly ineffective on lures but with the barbs crushed minimum damage is done to the fish and if you read the blog you will see we all fish catch and release and the fish go back fine because we fight them hard and get them back fresh. Thanks for your comments as we too are ery concerned about our fish stocks!

Anonymous said...

Pat
who makes the lip grip in the above pic ?

Nigel

patrick said...

Nigel its a boga from berkley, its the one with the scales built in. A bit heavy to be honest.

Patrick

Anonymous said...

hey Pat any chance you'r web site will be up and running soon, like to see what you got in stock and see some interesting prices.
I heard that that are some new and shiny lures on your way.

Grtz Rene

patrick said...

man I have loads of lures in stock, bit of a delay on the web site where are you living. E mail me and ill sort something out for you.

Patrick