Guiding And Tackle Sales

You will find attached to the blog contact deatil for my new guiding and tackle business. The tackle will be supplied by the biggest names in lure fishing including, ultimate fishing, sakura, lucky craft, IMA and Slug Go.

The guiding service is based on twenty years experience fishing this coast line and I think that the pictures speak for themselves. This service is suited to both the very experienced and the novice. For those just starting out there will lots of tips on lures etc and water craft info and always the chance of a clonker!!! That's why they call it fishing.

My aim is for you to have a really memorable days fishing, on what I consider to be some of the most beautiful and productive grounds our little country has to offer..

Monday, May 18, 2009

Surface Lures! Hybrids! WALK & POP.


So when the Bass Ban finishes it will be well time to give the bass a go on the surface. What I love about this type of fishing is that it is sight fishing, you watch the lure on the surface and actually see the fish take it! At times it may also be possible to cast a lure to fish you have spotted! Some people will be very experienced at this type of fishing others may not, so for those less experienced here are a few tips to help get you started! First off yes it does work, I know when I started this type of fishing I really wondered weather it would work or not and my confidence was down, so have faith and persevere. Next is working the lure, some lures like the patchinko above have their own action which is a pop and walk, hybrid kind of action. But don't just cast and retrieve, impart some action to the lure, pause, speed up slow down. Play around a bit and find a pattern that works for you and gives you confidence. Use the rod tip to work these lures and remember the action is in your wrist not jerking the rod! It's almost like beating an egg! Very important if you get a boil behind your lure don't panic, stop the lure let it sit then twitch, often times the fish is still below the lure watching it and will come again and hit it! Always make sure the drag on your reel is set so that once hooked up you don't have to mess about! The lure above is one of my favourites and has caught me many fish. It casts like a bullet and has a smashing action, it walks, pops and almost slides. I really like this lure in calm to moderate conditions, when there is a lot of lift on a prefer the austurie which I will post during the week.

No comments: