Guiding And Tackle Sales

You will find attached to the blog contact deatil for my new guiding and tackle business. The tackle will be supplied by the biggest names in lure fishing including, ultimate fishing, sakura, lucky craft, IMA and Slug Go.

The guiding service is based on twenty years experience fishing this coast line and I think that the pictures speak for themselves. This service is suited to both the very experienced and the novice. For those just starting out there will lots of tips on lures etc and water craft info and always the chance of a clonker!!! That's why they call it fishing.

My aim is for you to have a really memorable days fishing, on what I consider to be some of the most beautiful and productive grounds our little country has to offer..

Thursday, May 28, 2009

New MegaBass 120X SW


Ok so I have said many times that Megbass are one of my favourite companies, they make absolute quality lures and the 120x SW is no exception. I fished this lure for the first time just before the Bass ban and had a fish third chuck. I fish this type of lure on a lighter rod with a more sensitive tip as it allows the lure to work properly, heavy rods will kill the action of a subtle lure like this. It is 120m long and weighs around 14g which on 16lb braid and a light medium action rod goes like a bullet and gets you plenty of distance. It has a lovely action and generally this style of minnow similar in shape and size to our sand eel is one I really like. On the whole I think it is definitely worth getting your hands on because this lure catches fish. It comes in a nice range of colours my favourites are the lure pictured and the emerald green version a colour I have found very effective for Bass. Just a quick review of a lure I think is worthy of any ones tackle box.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blog is a great resource Pat, dunno how much feedback you're gettin but i think it looks great and the content is top notch. hats off

-gerry

patrick said...

Gerry cheers man glad ye are finding it useful!
Tight Lines, well soon as the ban is over at least!

Patrick

Harold said...

Hi Patrick,

Nice Blog Mate.
I love your catch & release.
I put your blog to my favorits.

kind regards Harold.
http://dutchbass.blogspot.com/

patrick said...

Harold cheers and if any of your dutch mates fancy a trip to se ireland we have some of the finest bassing around! Stay in touch..#

Patrick

patrick said...

Harold send me a link to yor blog I can't find it or teh link is broken...

Harold said...

Here it is Patrick

http://dutchbass.blogspot.com/

or

dutchbass.blogspot.com/