Guiding And Tackle Sales

You will find attached to the blog contact deatil for my new guiding and tackle business. The tackle will be supplied by the biggest names in lure fishing including, ultimate fishing, sakura, lucky craft, IMA and Slug Go.

The guiding service is based on twenty years experience fishing this coast line and I think that the pictures speak for themselves. This service is suited to both the very experienced and the novice. For those just starting out there will lots of tips on lures etc and water craft info and always the chance of a clonker!!! That's why they call it fishing.

My aim is for you to have a really memorable days fishing, on what I consider to be some of the most beautiful and productive grounds our little country has to offer..

Monday, November 2, 2009

Fsihing and a bit of History



I fish a certain mark in south wexford on the hook peninsula where there are some very unusual rock pools, these have always seemed far to symmetrical and smooth to be the work of nature and it was just the other day that I got to the bottom of this mystery whilst out for a ramble with Dave from Kerry. You see pictured one off the perfectly circular pools which I am talking about and the picture below is off the structute before it was hand cut to leave the crater. They are in fact created by the cutting of mill stones from the rock, so the bottom picture is obviously of a stone which had a fault and was there fore left behind and not finished. The effect is breath taking it creates an almost lunar landscape on the rock.

The stone is red sand stone and was perfect for millstones use due to its course make up of pebble which ground down the corn. The stones where cut and then at low tide lashed to the bottom of a small boat and transported to the bannow, examples of this work can be found through out south Wexford, I have to say whatever about cutting the stone I would not fancy being the pilot of the small boat with the stone lashed to the bottom of it. Fair play to Dave for his insight into this intriguing subject a real glimpse at the past.

Can you imagine the stamp of sea bass that where available at this time the mind boggles. A time machine a box of tide minnows and a supermix 210, am i asking for too much? A day would do me, with a nice moderates southely and a few plastics amd tide minnows! Speaking of plastics, keep your eyes peeled as the lure store is about to develop what I feel will be a deadly combination of buck tail jig! Perecft for those deep slow colder water winter fish combined with a top secret soft platic bait, I know these have been proving deadly for keith in Jersey so I am lawys open to trying new things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick, I am taking it the weather is causing havoc & the historian in you is coming to light. Great reading & an intersting insight. As for Bucktails, I have been thinking about Bucks for a while having used them on numerous occasions, to good effect in the states. They are awesome at night, tripped through the tide. I know exactly were they may work in the land of plenty.
take it easy
Jim