Guiding And Tackle Sales

You will find attached to the blog contact deatil for my new guiding and tackle business. The tackle will be supplied by the biggest names in lure fishing including, ultimate fishing, sakura, lucky craft, IMA and Slug Go.

The guiding service is based on twenty years experience fishing this coast line and I think that the pictures speak for themselves. This service is suited to both the very experienced and the novice. For those just starting out there will lots of tips on lures etc and water craft info and always the chance of a clonker!!! That's why they call it fishing.

My aim is for you to have a really memorable days fishing, on what I consider to be some of the most beautiful and productive grounds our little country has to offer..

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Megabass Zonk Gateride



If you pined me to a corner a gun point and asked me to pick a lure, just one lure that I thought I could not live without then this is it. ITO get very little wrong wit his design but when he put this together he must have been having a particularly good day.

Granted the new lip is fragile and prone to breaking, but what price will you pay for the best and in my humble opinion these are the best. I know a small amount about lure technology and what I think he has captured is the action of a deep diving lure in a reasonably shallow running lure, no mean feet. The action of any lure is supplied by the bid which is the plastic bit at the front, the innovation of this new type of bib has been proving irresistible to Irish bass all year long.

I have had more fish take this at my feet than anywhere else, so imagine how many times have you watched bass follow your lure to your feet just turn away at the last second. Well with the Gateride things seem to happen a little differently, I always stop the lure about 5 ft out from the rock and this is where most of the good bass and Pollock for that matter, that I have caught on it tend to grab it. This lure when stooped sinks back wards in a fluttering motion of a dying fish which I think the bass find irresistible. It is definitely my number one hard lure for this year top of pops without a doubt.

Once again Megabass seem to be a step ahead of all the other lure companies out there, weather it is soft plastic or hard lure technology they are just a cut above the rest, I guess that this what makes them the number one lure company in Japan. Interestingly I recently discovered that everything Megabass make is made and assembled in Japan, unlike some of their rivals who have the parts made in china then assembled in Japan, then go to sell these as made in Japan (not strictly true), bit like "French" oyster's from Dungarvan bay but that's a funny story for another day. I can tell you this that I was a big fan of a lure that was made in Japan, I bought one about 9 month's ago and it was rubbish, I later discovered they had moved their operation to China, I'm no expert but I can tell you that the lure I bough had no resemblance to the lure I previous owned, I used it once and it sits now in the box where all good lures go to die. So bargain is not always a bargain and maybe the old adage you get what you pay for is true after all.

2 comments:

Simon Lewis said...

Pat,

I recieved my Gateride from you safely last week, and can't wait for this weather to behave itself so that i can get out there and give it a go!!! Your advice has been spot-on for me up until now, so i'm looking forward to nailing a nice 'Shirley' on this lure!!!

Cheers,

Simon.

patrick said...

Best of luck with it man, don't forget what I said stop this baby and just let in sink back, bass love it!