Guiding And Tackle Sales

You will find attached to the blog contact deatil for my new guiding and tackle business. The tackle will be supplied by the biggest names in lure fishing including, ultimate fishing, sakura, lucky craft, IMA and Slug Go.

The guiding service is based on twenty years experience fishing this coast line and I think that the pictures speak for themselves. This service is suited to both the very experienced and the novice. For those just starting out there will lots of tips on lures etc and water craft info and always the chance of a clonker!!! That's why they call it fishing.

My aim is for you to have a really memorable days fishing, on what I consider to be some of the most beautiful and productive grounds our little country has to offer..

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Killmore Pollock





Rubbish tide today so I got an invite to join the wexford bass mafia for a day on the water after a few Pollock. Danny, Patrick and Barry are the finest company a lad could ask for out for the day mad for fishing and sandwiches by all accounts. Pat had the only bass of the day but we got some Pollock and when I say Pollock I mean Pollock, big angry south wexford torpedo's that don't want to come out of the kelp jungle they live in. We had some hectic sport with loads of really decent fish being landed and returned. I hooked one fish om a 240 super mix (which I now own, spineless tackle junkie) on a shad that I just could not stop. Drag was set maxed out on a Stella 4000 ans he made it look like a trout reel. The power of these fish is awesome. I have no doubt that had we a rib where we could get into the shallower water we would have nailed a few spiky fellas but I ain't complaining.

We spent a couple of hours around the Saltee Islans, in the sound, then head back in shore and set anchor, four plastics hit the water and all hell broke loose. Incredible fishing on such light tackle the super mixes and the shukan where tested to the max today.

No comments: